Do you feel like abortion is the only option for your unexpected pregnancy? There can be numerous reasons you feel like that. For example, maybe the guy who got you pregnant is not who you want to father your child. Or, maybe you don’t even know who the dad is. Or, perhaps now is a bad time to bring a child into the mix. If you find yourself considering abortion, you’re the perfect candidate for a pre-abortion screening.
What is a pre-abortion screening?
A pre-abortion screening involves confirming your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test, which is 99% accurate, in accompaniment with an ultrasound. In addition to this, we offer STI/STD education and referrals. So why do you need these things? Keep reading.
Why do I need a pre-abortion screening?
There are several reasons to get a pre-abortion screening.
- Because you will need to confirm your pregnancy before your abortion appointment, sometimes women come in only to realize their pregnancy is not viable and their body is preparing for a miscarriage (which happened 10-25% of the time).
- Texas law requires a woman to have an ultrasound prior to an abortion.
- An untreated STD/STI could lead to further infection in other reproductive organs if a woman has a surgical abortion.
- We provide medically accurate information about abortion, and you have the freedom to ask any questions about abortion procedures.
- At Women’s Choice Resource Center, we create a safe place to discuss your thoughts and emotions. We know this can be an overwhelming time for you which is why we want to give you the support and compassion that you need most. We can assure you we do not benefit financially from any of our patient’s choices. Keep reading to find out how.
What does a pre-abortion screening cost?
This is the best news yet! The cost for your pre-abortion screening, including the pregnancy test, ultrasound, and STI/STD education and referrals, is 100% free. How? Because we are funded by incredibly generous donors from our community who want to ensure you have the help and support you need to make an informed decision.
Where can I make an appointment?
If you’re facing an unexpected pregnancy and considering abortion and you feel completely overwhelmed, you can make your pre-abortion screening appointment at Women’s Choice Resource Center by calling 817-534-9947, or you can make your appointment online by clicking here. You don’t have to be in the dark about abortion and your options. Let us help you as you make the best decision for your future.